• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
      This might be the toughest road game of the season
      I see what you did there........ Too much silver and black in Carson for ya?

I just flipping hate the fucking Raiders......always have and always will........

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

I just flipping hate the fucking Raiders......always have and always will........
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

I was at the Murph for over 10 years with season tickets. I sat in Loge 2 and we would watch the end zone fights all game long when the Raiders came to town. I also went to all the SD games against the Raiders at the Coliseum. CRAZY shit you see there for sure.

I am going to prep for the Raiders by going trout fishing in North Carolina today through Sunday. I'll get home about 2 hours before kickoff. No worries and no stress.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

i dont know, they seem to have become a bunch of toothless old men to me. Not worth the effort to hate.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Paul Gutierrez‏Verified account @PGutierrezESPN
              Right tackle Donald Penn (groin) has been placed on Injured Reserve and the Raiders have signed Ian Silberman off the Titans' practice squad. Silberman was with the Raiders the past two training camps and was on the team's active roster last December

Comment

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                They don't hand out wins by leading at halftime so the Raiders should have won none of those games.
                A big key is pressuring Carr, which we can't do very well so if we can't stop Lynch and Carr has all day to throw then we won't win so Gus better come up with something better than a bend but don't break plan because it didn't work at all against the Rams. Carr will make mistakes if you pressure him.
                Exactly, they don't hand out wins. However, the Raiders have been in every game they've played so far this season and that is why our team needs to be careful heading into this match. The Raiders aren't a terrible team. Obviously their defense isn't very good but they do have an offense that can score on any defense and that makes them a significant threat to any team they come up against. They aren't like the Browns have been the past few seasons, or like the Jaguars under Gus Bradley, those two teams were terrible and actually played to their win-loss record. The Raiders could have beaten all three teams they lost against this season had they not been gassed. I think we were pretty similar in 2015(?) when we lost a lot of games by one score, and some of those games we blew leads in the fourth quarter. So while we finished the season with something like 4 or 5 wins, we weren't actually that bad because we could easily have flipped that win-loss record had we closed games out.

Now I agree with you that Carr will make mistakes when pressured and this season has been proof of that. So if our defense can get pressure on him and restrict Lynch, we should be able to beat them because our offense can score on any defense in the league and their defense is not very good. With that said, the Raiders do present more of a challenge than a typical 1-3 team normally would.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

In all seriousness, FUCK the raiders!
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltergeist
                    Pesky apparition
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Baja Oklahoma
                    • Send PM

It's quiet around here... almost too quiet...

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Point spread down to 5, after opening at 6.5. Some money on the Raiders.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

I just hope we start seeing better defense since we got thru Sept @2-2

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

NFL odds, picks for Week 5: Advanced computer model loving Cowboys and Chargers

• By CBS Sports Staff
                          • 12h

One of the Week 5 NFL picks the model is all over: the Chargers cover as 5.5-point home favorites over the Raiders.

The Raiders notched their first win since head coach Jon Gruden's return last week compliments of late mistakes by the Browns. However, the model doesn't expect that momentum to carry over. Instead, look for the 2-2 Chargers to get back over .500 with a convincing win.

Fueled by a projection of well over 300 yards and two touchdowns for Philip Rivers, not only does the SportsLine model expect the Chargers to cover in 60 percent of simulations, it also has them winning 32-22 to cover with ease. That final score also means there's value on the Over (53.5), so you can lock that pick in as well. The model is also calling for Chargers running back Melvin Gordon to shred the Raiders' run defense, accounting for almost 130 yards from scrimmage and at least one end zone visit
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X